As I come to the end of the first year of our partnership I’ve decided to keep a note of this years goals, and regularly update our progress.
So here goes…this years goals.
British Dressage Goals
I need to upgrade membership and get out competing at affiliated shows. Our aim is to stay at Prelim this year, with an aim to be trying Novice by this time next year. When pennies allow I need to upgrade BJ’s registration too.
Upgrade to Full Member – COMPLETED 29/09/19
- Compete at Prelim at an Affiliated show – 2 are booked for October!
- Upgrade BJ’s Registration – Nov 2019
- Qualify for Petplan Area Festivals 2020
- Attempt my first Novice unaffiliated and score 60% + – Oct 2020
I’m not sure about where to go with jumping, I’d like to be confidently jumping 1m by this time next year, but not sure about whether I want to be more competitive here, we’ll leave this a little vague for now I think
- Confidently jumping 1m – Compete at local show and go clear by Oct 2020
Cross Country Goals
Invest in some more training, and gain more confidence. I’m terrified and that translates to BJ being unsure, so I need by brave girl pants on and to just get on with it.
- Regular training – once a month (weather permitting)
- Complete a local ODE – Oct 2020
Ok, so I know I said I had no interest in showing again, but I was wrong. I’d love to give it another go next year, but focusing on different classes. Working Hunter still appeals and surprisingly, Concors has also taken my eye….
- Confidently completing WH courses at local shows at 70-80cm – July 2020
- Make Concors d’elegance outfit – March 2020
- Take part in local concors shows – August 2020
Become a TGCA Member – Oct 2019 – Completed Sept 2019
- Register BJ as a partbred with TGCA – Nov 2019
- Take part in the Nettex TGCA BD Championships – August 2020
All the other bits
- Side-Saddle – make sure we get a lesson in every 2-3 weeks. we both enjoy it and are hoping to progress well.
- Complete the Burghley Sponsored Ride again.
- Use my magazine subscriptions! I have 2 and need to make more effort to read regularly and use the schooling advice they give in our training at home.